Runners follow the Mission Creek Greenway and roads that lead to City Park.
- Transition from the Road Bike to Run is located at Hollywood Rd South and Peck Rd
- turn right onto the Mission Creek Greenway
- take a slight deviation along Creekside Rd
- return to the Greenway and continue to Lakeshore Rd
- turn right onto Lakeshore (crossing Lakeshore then Trusswell at traffic light)
- proceed through the Eldorado Hotel parking lot
- turn right on Cook Rd
- turn left on Lakeshore Rd
- through Gyro Beach Park
- turn left on Watt Rd
- turn right on Walnut St
- turn left on Abbott St
- turn left on Lake Ave
- at the end of Lake Ave, turn right and run through the tunnel into City Park
After running through the tunnel into City Park, runners will pass the velcro strip to one of their canoe team members on the walkway, who will proceed to the waters edge, where their other team member will be waiting with their canoe to proceed onto the last leg of the race.
Facts & Rules
- Distance of run: approximately 14.5 km
- For the Recreational division, there is a minimum time allowed of 1 hour; faster runners will automatically be recorded at 1 hour
- There are 3 water stations: Mission Creek Park / Greenway and Casorso Rd. / Greenway and Gyro Beach Park
- Runners are to stay on the left side of the road, unless directed otherwise; any violation will result in a 2-minute time penalty to that team
We’ve designed a Google Map of the entire Race Course, so teams can study the course before the race. You’ll also find other details such as water stations, parking areas, etc. If you have any comments or suggestions regarding the map, please contact the webmaster.
View Ski2Sea Race in a larger map